Friday 9 August 2013

Frivolous Friday: The Art of Re-Inventing Yourself

I'm a firm believer that life is lived in chapters. For me, the best chapters are those that allow me to reinvent myself. Those opportunities are few and far between and therefore all the more cherished. I have less than a week left in South Africa and I am now so excited - like a child on Christmas morning.  It's like I have been given a beautifully wrapped gift, filled with new beginnings.  I can't wait to rip it open (I'm definitely not one of those protect-the-paper people) and start playing. Who knows what I'll find? Who knows how I will change? I don't have the answers. All I do know is that I can't wait.

And the photo? You northerners (I have very few days left in which to say that!) may be basking in the summer sun, but us folk on the southern tip of Africa are in the grips of winter. A mild one, I must admit. But this week a vicious cold front swept in with driving rain, cold and wind. When it all cleared, we woke up to this  . . .

The Hottentot-Holland mountain range 

The little town where I live nestles in the shadows of these mountains. It's a view I will miss. . .  Bring on the rolling hills of England.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

Cheers
Gwynn

Disqus for Gwynneth White