Wednesday 27 March 2013

WWW: 27 March


I love this meme because it gives me a chance to find new books and to see what's hot. Thank you therefore to MizB at Should Be Reading for hosting. As usual she asks three questions:

1. What have you finished reading?
2. What are you currently reading?
3. What are you planning on reading?



What have I just finished reading?


Days of Blood and Starlight was INCREDIBLE. I know, that's equivalent to shouting, but that's exactly what I'm doing. Epic, sweeping, heart-breaking and gut-wrenching are words that spring to mind. If you haven't read this series then you are depriving yourself. Big time. My review will follow soon.

I was going to read Unwind this past week, but Erin, my daughter, is still busy with it. (I think she's reading it in small doses because it's so freaking scary!) So instead I dived into the remaining three novellas in the Throne of Glass series by Julia J. Maas.



Sorry about the images, but the pics on Goodreads are pretty terrible too. The books titles are:
The Assassin and the Desert
The Assassin and the Underworld
The Assassin and the Empire

I loved these stories which give a perfect background to Celaena Sardothien, kick-butt heroine of the the Throne of Glass series. If you have not yet read Throne of Glass, I would strongly recommend that you read these first. It will add so much to your enjoyment of the book. My review of these novellas will be coming soon. And if you don't have a copy of Throne of Glass, you can enter my giveaway here to win a copy.

What am I reading now?


Disemblance is a YA techno-thriller which Shanae Branham gave me to review. I will be posting an author's interview with her soon.

What am I reading next?

I still want to read Unwind, but in the meantime, I think I'll read Seraphina because I adore dragons and this has been in my bookshelf for a while.


That's my week. What about you? Leave a comment and a link and I'll visit you.

cheers
Gwynneth

Disqus for Gwynneth White