Saturday 23 February 2013

Stacking The Shelves


Thanks to Tynga for hosting this meme. I welcomed two Kindle books into the family this week.


Last week I featured Nightspell. Since then I've read it and it was such fun.


The characters are well developed, the world building fantastic - Ghostland is amazing - and the plot complex. 

I would recommend this to anyone who likes high fantasy, kick-butt female characters, intrigues and ghosts. Wonderful stuff. My favourite character was definitely Cassie. If you've read it I'd love to know your views.

Because I loved Nightspell to the value of four stars (and because the ending was left hanging with so much promise for more) I went onto Amazon to find a sequel.

There wasn't one. Duh! This was the second in a series, (Although it works just as well as a stand-alone), so I immediately downloaded the first book Mistwood onto my Kindle.




Stunning cover . . . what do you think?

Anyway, I stayed up until three this morning reading Mistwood, and I'm hugely impressed. I just cannot understand why it's only sitting with a 3.54 star rating on Goodreads. Anyone know the answer??? I'll tell you what I think when I'm done reading it.




While I was on Amazon, I couldn't resist downloading Roar And Liv: An Under The Never Sky Story onto my Kindle. I have been meaning to read this for ages and since I've just reread Under The Never Sky, I just couldn't resist it.

So that was my week. Tell me about yours.

Cheers
Gwynneth

Disqus for Gwynneth White