Friday 8 February 2013

Frivolous Friday – 8 Feb

Frivolous Friday is a fun idea I’ve stolen from one of my favourite blogs - http://lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com  Elisa started this weekly feature ages ago as a way of introducing something personal about herself. I never miss it. Through Frivolous Friday I’ve got to know her so much better than just by reading her great book reviews.

I've therefore decided to do my own Frivolous Friday.

I live on the southern tip of Africa, in a beautiful rural town surrounded by sea and mountains. You can get an idea of what it looks like from the photo. My husband Andrew is a pilot, and he mounted a camera on the wing of his plane to get the shot.

My home turf


Cape Town is a forty minute drive from my home. It's a cosmopolitan city with a distinct Europe meets Africa feel, which I love. I get a kick out of spending the day there, raiding the books shops and sitting at street cafes watching the passing the parade. Magic.

Table Mountain from the Victoria & Albert Waterfront


Table Mountain - that big lump of rock in the photo - has been declared one of the Seven Wonders of the modern world. It deserves it.

Enjoy the weekend.

Gwynn

Disqus for Gwynneth White