Thursday 4 April 2013

Cover Love: Days of Blood and Starlight

Oh boy, I've been dying to do this post. I mean, just look at these two covers . . .

The US cover continues with the mask theme started with Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Except this time we see Akiva, the seraph with the burning eyes. I just love this cover. It's pure magic. Just like Akiva.

US Cover
Then - yawn - we have the UK cover . . .

UK cover


Wake me up when the publisher, Hodder and Stoughton, change it, as they no doubt will in the next few months - given the alacrity with which UK publishers change their artwork.

Sadly, this meaningless flame is the cover I own. And you know the worst part of it? It doesn't even match the cover on my copy of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone. (See cover here) How sick is that? Haven't publishers heard that us bookish people like to collect series that match? It's enough to make a grown girl cry.

What do you think?

cheers
Gwynneth





Disqus for Gwynneth White