Monday 22 July 2013

US versus UK covers: Across the Universe Series by Beth Revis

The same books. . . Such different covers
Which do you prefer? 


Across the Universe (Goodreads) is the first book in the series, and I must say I far prefer the UK version. Someone said it looks like two fish kissing, but I don't see that. I see romance amongst the galaxies, which is exactly what the first book in this Sci-Fi series is about. 
The US version reminds me too much of the US cover of Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.


A Million Suns (Goodreads) is the second book in the series. These are the covers it has been graced with. Again, I far prefer the UK version (The book I have in my shelf) I think it is more evocative and compelling than the US version.



Shades of Earth (my review) is the final book in the series. Again, I think the UK cover far outshines (excuse the pun) the sludgy picture that appears on the US version. I am so glad my bookstore stocked the UK version. The US one would have ruined my whole look!

But these are just my opinions. What do you think? Leave a comment and let's chat covers.

Cheers
Gwynn

Follow on Bloglovin

Disqus for Gwynneth White