Friday 14 June 2013

Feature and Follow: 14 June 2013


Thanks to Parajunkee & Alison Can Read for this meme. If you like what you see on my blog, please feel free to follow by any means that works for you. I will return the favour.

So . . . to today's question: Q: Activity: Spine Poetry. Create a line of poetry with your book spines (take a picture). Not feeling creative? Tell us about your favorite poem.

And boy, it's a tough question. Given that all my books are packed in boxes pending my move to the UK, the picture route isn't going to work for me. So I will share a favourite childhood poem with you.

Relax, it's very short . . . And it comes from The Wind In The Willows (Goodreads) so how can that be bad?
`DUCKS' DITTY.'
All along the backwater,
Through the rushes tall,
Ducks are a-dabbling,
Up tails all!
Ducks' tails, drakes' tails,
Yellow feet a-quiver,
Yellow bills all out of sight
Busy in the river!
Slushy green undergrowth
Where the roach swim--
Here we keep our larder,
Cool and full and dim.
Everyone for what he likes!
WE like to be
Heads down, tails up,
Dabbling free!
High in the blue above
Swifts whirl and call--
WE are down a-dabbling
Up tails all!

That's my daily dose of craziness done. Enjoy the hop and I'll see you in cyberspace.

cheers
Gwynn

Disqus for Gwynneth White