Saturday 25 May 2013

Stacking the Shelves: 24 May 2013


Apart from the fact that I like boasting about my new books, one of the reasons I love this meme is that I get to see what's new out there. It's also a chance to chat to other bloggers. So thanks to Tynga for hosting.

I've bought and begged quite a few new books since I did my last SS, so here goes . . .

BOUGHT
The Elite (Goodreads)
I was so excited to read this, but my daughter Erin got her hands on it first and she wasn't that impressed. It put me off a bit. Still, maybe next week I can squeeze it in between other reads.

Shiver (Goodreads)
I've been dying to read this for ages. Can't wait. Nothing like a good wolf paranormal to get the hormones pumping.

Shades of Earth (Goodreads)
I LOVED the Across the Universe series by Beth Revis and this, the third book, has just been released. Can't wait to dive in.

BEGGED

I saw some intriguing titles of Netgalley, which I just had to get my paws on.
Happily, I was approved for . . .

Outcast
Pub Date:

After six years of “angels” coming out of the sky and taking people from her town, 16-year-old Riley Carver has just about had it living with the constant fear. When one decides to terrorize her in her own backyard, it’s the final straw. She takes her mother’s shotgun and shoots the thing. So it’s dead. Or … not? In place of the creature she shot, is a guy. A really hot guy.  A really hot alive and breathing guy.  Oh, and he’s totally naked.
Not sure what to do, she drags his unconscious body to the tool shed and ties him up. After all, he’s an angel and they have tricks. When he regains consciousness she’s all set to interrogate him about why the angels come to her town, and how to get back her best friend (and almost boyfriend) Chris, who was taken the year before. But it turns out the naked guy in her shed is just as confused about everything as she is.
He thinks it’s 1956.
Set in the deep south, OUTCAST is a story of love, trust, and coming of age. It’s also a story about the supernatural, a girl with a strange sense of humor who’s got wicked aim, a greaser from the 50’s, and an army of misfits coming together for one purpose: To kick some serious angel ass.

It sounds like fun. I hope to get a review up as close to the release date as possible.

When in Paris (Goodreads)
Okay, I must admit that the cover does not do it for me. Not at all. I'm just not a smoochy cover kind of girl. But who can resist a title called When in Paris? This looks like a fun love story, so I'm looking forward to tucking it in between some heavier reads.

Dragonwitch (Goodreads)
The publisher, Bethany House Publishers, offered me this out the blue, and I snatched it with both greedy little hands. I mean look at that cover!!!! I'm really intrigued to read it.

So, like all book bloggers, my shelf runneth o'er . . .

I would love to see what you got this week, so leave a link and I'll be sure to drop by.

cheers
Gwynn


Disqus for Gwynneth White