Wednesday 20 March 2013

WWW: 20 March



Yet another reading week gone. The speed at which 2013 is flitting by is enough to make me weep. But instead I'd rather do a WWW hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading As usual she asks three questions:
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next? 


At the moment I'm reading:


Days of Blood and Starlight is the second book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. As the first book ended on such a cliffhanger, I had no choice but to dive immediately into this one. Happily I had it one my bookshelf. So far so good.

What have I finished reading:


I had mixed feeling about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. See my review here. But in the end, I really enjoyed it. The concept is truly awesome, the characters rich, and the ending a compelling cliffhanger!


What am I reading next?


I've read a lot of fantasy lately and am now in the mood for a dystopian. I thought I'd give Unwind a bash. My daughter Erin showed me the book trailer and my blood turned to ice. For those who won't check the Goodreads link (Yes, sometimes I don't either :) have a read here: 

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive. 

Sounds so gruesome. Can't wait to read it.

So that's me. What about you? Leave a link and I'll definitely visit.

cheers
Gwynneth


Disqus for Gwynneth White